[microsound] [advice] Portable, battery powered speakers for outdoor microsound

erik schoster ejschoster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 09:43:46 EDT 2010

Hello microsounders,

I'm planning a series of concerts in spaces that will not be able to provide
amplification, some of which will take place outside and (hopefully!)
nowhere near a power outlet.

Can anyone recommend decent and hopefully cheap(ish) battery powered
speakers for outdoor use? Frequency range/response is obviously a concern -
I realize that cheap speakers aren't going to have amazing sound
reproduction. [ I've been incredibly happy with my $100 (for the pair!)
Alesis M1Active 320USB monitors as a cheapo solution when no PA is available
for example though... ]

Of particular interest: small, modular (I'm thinking of broadcasting some of
my netbook output over low power FM and placing a few radios with small
speakers around the space...) cheap, present.

Your advice is appreciated - thanks!

Best,
Erik

== projects ==