[microsound] App for organizing recordings?

John Hudak johnhudak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 11:14:35 EDT 2010

Hi Trond,

I use Soundgrinder for batch conversions, and have looked at their other
product Library Monkey, but haven't found a need to purchase it yet:
http://www.monkey-tools.com/

You might consider Snapper, from Audioease:
http://www.audioease.com/Pages/Snapper/SnapperMain.html
What I have found is that one of the main things you want to be able to do
is to audition audiofiles quickly.  Snapper allows this, as well as
conversion and editing, all in the same interface.  Even though I don't keep
things well organized, if everything is in well-labelled folders, and the
individual files can be auditioned quickly, then things go easier.  With
Snapper, you can see and hear an audiofile, as well as exporting selections
on the fly.  I believe they offer a time-limited demo.

Let us know if you find anything else.  I know there are itunes related
organizers, but I haven't found them useful for my purposes.  If I have a
certain project I am starting, I find purchasing a portable pocket drive for
that one project helpful in keeping things sorted out.  It is nice pocket
drives are so inexpensive these days.

Best,
John

http://www.johnhudak.net