[microsound] Golden Ratio discovery [may be of interest to someone]

Chris Bullen auralbeesty at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 10 12:46:12 EST 2010

When I first saw this appear in my mailbox, I thought it said "Golden Ratio Disco".
Was not sure what it was going to be about but it looked as if this might be a kind of humorous approach or some mental piece of free/shareware. But no, it was back to the old classical attempt to find mathematical perfection. Over 30 years ago, when I was at art school, plenty of dull work was produce by colleagues claiming they were using a "Golden Section", certainly in straight painting it never made any great impression on me (one way or another), all I thought was "fuck it, school maths! I left home to get away from this".
Cheers Chrisb