[microsound] musical structure

Paulo Mouat paulo.mouat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 22:06:22 EDT 2009

My mention of Xenakis and Roads were simply to fill in some gaps in
Schaeffer's treatise, which doesn't cover the use of computers, statistics
and other generic mathematical tools in the shaping and analysis of music.
These works are culture-agnostic and therefore not bound to particular
musical practices, which I thought was what you were looking for. When
talking about semiotics in music, Jean-Jacques Nattiez immediately springs
to mind.
//p
http://www.interdisciplina.org/00.0