[microsound] meta-theory

Adam Davis technohead3d at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 15:18:33 EDT 2009

What a fantastic and encouraging response. Thank you. Ligeti's "solid,
infinite block of sound" is inspiring...I've not heard of that one before.
It reminds me of something I was contemplating recently...an idea I like to
call "transolipsistic art". An example:

A regular geometric object, on any order of magnitude. To not merely
perceive it, but to literally be it. Thus, to be the harmonies and rhythms
of a static, geometric object in space. The object is "perfectly" solid, ie,
not constructed of smaller components like molecules, atoms and sub-atoms.
It is an indivisable object, even on our "macroscale". The harmony and
rhythm of indivisable solidness whilst paradoxicall having borders and
limits in the forms of the faces, edges and outside surfaces of said object.

Hmmm.

"I dont think any music theory has really taken into account feedback loops
in the contemporary sense."

I should try pitching it all to people of magazines, journals, blogs!