[microsound] Visual editing of audio-rate parameter files?

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Fri Nov 13 18:31:49 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Greg Pond <gregpond at gmail.com> wrote:
> I cant say I have an answer but I would post to the PD list for this.

Yes, in fact, pd arrays do not have any limits as to the ranges of
stored data.  Just make sure you create the arrays that can
accommodate such large values (you can do it in the properties) or
else the data will be drawn all over the place.  Also, I guess you
will want to avoid the use of [soundfiler] object to load that data
into arrays (this is a "standard" way of loading audio data) because
it will probably chop your data into -1.0 to 1.0 although I have not
tried it and may be wrong.  In fact, soundfiler has the ability to
completely ignore the header of the file and load raw data.
Otherwise, you send the array a "read" message and it should do but
you will need to know how many values there are in your files and
create the arrays large enough to accommodate the data.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you need any assistance.

./MiS