[microsound] naked lunch project

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Tue May 26 08:51:53 EDT 2009

I very much like the idea of forming a microsound project around the
50th Anniversary of the book Naked Lunch
I'm currently reading a book called 'Noise' which is comprised of
short stories influenced by the work of Sonic Youth
so maybe we can try and do something in reverse: creating sound art
works that are influenced by a book
here is a rough idea for the project:
- all works must be 3 minutes or under
- deadline: June 30 2009
- content: cut-ups, post-modern ruptures and breaks, microsonic
granular deconstruction, letting the future leak through fractured
text and sound...this is the tribute we would like to pay to the man
who - other than John Cage - did so much for the arts

post a message to the list and let us know if we can expect a piece
from you...we also need some visuals for the microsound web page so
any visual artists out there wanting to do something please also post
to the list?
thanks!