[microsound] ***mp3 ID3 tags redux***

gerardo figueroa gerardofigueroacl at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 13 01:11:00 EDT 2009

> It drives me nuts to have files on my Sansa with no artist,
> no title, no album, no year, no nothing. They scroll by on
> randomize, and I'm like, "Wow, this is a great
> peice, whose is it?", and the answer is, "Who the
> hell knows, it's called
> 'track4-rendered.mp3'!". Alas, most of the
> stuff out on the internets seems to be missing tags.
>
> -ken

i discovered ID3 tags by mere chance a year or so ago, downloading material thru slsk. i still use the last win98se-compatible winamp version, and, on that particular ocassion, i noticed that the titles of an old, out-of-catalog 1971 chilean lp didn't match. then i observed the "wiew file info" command and bingo!: there they were...

so maybe our fellow musical friends don't know them either...

gerardo figueroa rodríguez
gfr broadcasting system
http://www.geocities.com/gerardofigueroacl/bs
http://gfrbroadcastingsystem.blogspot.com/