[microsound] noisy hard drive on mac

ytbmusic at gmail.com ytbmusic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 17:28:24 EDT 2009

I put a 7200 seagate in mine and it's faster now.  I couldn't say by how
much though.  On both drives I could run like 50 tracks of audio with
plugins and mastering on the buss.  I would say instead of replacing the
drive, buy a large external firewire 800 drive and make it bootable.  This
way you have a backup drive, something you'll need anyway if you want
insurance on your music, you get to keep your apple care which you will need
for something else at some point, and if your drive does crash you can just
run your computer off your bootable external backup.  Trust me, this is easy
to set up and probably your best route.

check out this website for great deals on quality external drives / ram /
whatever you need for your mac

http://www.macsales.com/

Making a drive bootable can easily be done using the disks that came with
your mac.  Whole thing done and running in less than an hour...  and yes the
7200 internal will be louder.