[microsound] noisy hard drive on mac

i8u muse at i8u.com
Thu Mar 12 17:03:57 EDT 2009

no,

i have the latest generation macbook pro, before the new ones came out.
and it's a refurbished.

when i spoke with apple last night, they were not helpful.
they said basically, return the computer, we will exchange it
for one with the same specs (i: same drive) or if no laptop is available,
they would refund me.

when i asked if i could upgrade to a seagate drive, which is known to be
quiet, they told me i would lose my apple care coverage.

the apple store in Montreal would not change the drive as well as they
considered the noise level normal.

i am considering upgrading to a seagate 320, researching now,
to find out if this is the best i can do.

returning the laptop or a refund is not an option really since everything
else is fine with it, i am hard at work on an album, i can't stop mid
stream and wait 2 weeks for another laptop or worse get a refund and no
laptop.

if anyone has info regarding seagate drive, i would be grateful.

thanks

i8u (france)