[microsound] noisy hard drive on mac

ytbmusic at gmail.com ytbmusic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 19:21:16 EDT 2009

If it's just an electrical clicking type noise then that's just normal hard
drive noise.  This noise will be louder if your drive is 7200 rpm vs. 5400
rpm.  If your drive is making a whirling spinning sound that may or may not
be continuous then you probably will have a hard drive problem soon.  My mac
makes that noise only sometimes (usually its brought on by watching videos
from the NBC site).  Now I run my laptop most of the time off an external
firewire 400 drive with my audio session files off an external 800 drive.
Mac got rid of the 400 connection on the new computers.  Bunch of idiots if
you ask me.  Audio needs firewire 400 interfaces if you're recording (USB
SUCKS!), but I digest... my awesome togos sandwich now.  Hope this helps.

Mr. Super Cool Daddy

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Batuhan Bozkurt <batuhan at batuhanbozkurt.com