[microsound] skype for live audio collaborations?

Korhan Erel listekutusu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:58:35 EDT 2009

Hey Batuhan!

The sound quality was poor in the way regular phone conversations are.
And we accepted that poor quality as a part of the performance. Since
the audience in Berlin was hearing the clarinet live, a band-limited
computer signal was quite livable. I haven't yet received the
recording of the concert but the clarinet player, Markus Wenninger,
told me after the show that my timing was very good and the
combination of computer and clarinet was very good. This means the
sound wasn't bad at all and the latency was also quite low.

I don't think Skype uses this new codec yet, does it?

Korhan