[microsound] ***mp3 ID3 tags redux***

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Wed Mar 11 14:30:00 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 12:08:25PM -0700, gerardo figueroa wrote:

> > pieces without proper attribution will not be used
>
> what does this mean, exactly? - is it referred to sound sources, cc licenses,   missing MS-DOS names?...
>
> thanx in advance ;)

It drives me nuts to have files on my Sansa with no artist, no title, no album, no year, no nothing. They scroll by on randomize, and I'm like, "Wow, this is a great peice, whose is it?", and the answer is, "Who the hell knows, it's called 'track4-rendered.mp3'!". Alas, most of the stuff out on the internets seems to be missing tags.

-ken