[microsound] mics mics

Michael Sweeton mikesweeton at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 11 09:54:30 EDT 2009

I have the "Aevox Classic M MkII stereo" based on Kim's recommendation.
I'm using them with the olympus ls-10 which is great, though I think the
noise floor could be slightly lower.

One problem I noticed with the mics was that the earth connection came
loose during normal use, as they're hand made it could have just been a
little mistake or perhaps there's not enough quality control going on?

I bought them for a concept E.P I'm doing which is based around the
elements. I can send you some .wavs if you like?

There's a good article here on making your own condensers which might be
worth a look -
http://www.wildlife-sound.org/equipment/technote/micdesigns/index.html

Mike