[microsound] vocoder / telephone history

Tobias Reber tobiasreber at sunrise.ch
Tue Mar 10 14:21:34 EDT 2009

dear all,

i'm looking for all kind of text and sound sources on the development
of the vocoder and, related to this, early telephone developement.
as i'm researching this for a possible composition I'm not only
interested in systematic/theoretical sources but also in more
philosophical and even literary materials on the theme, like early
theories etc.

any hints or book recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'll
be glad to post findings of my own should this be of interest to
others. also please let me know if I need to formulate my request more
precisely.

thanks,

tobias

Am 10.03.2009 um 17:19 schrieb tkrakowiak:

> it might be possible with their new codec:
>
> https://developer.skype.com/silk

---

Tobias Reber : musician / sound designer

Tobias Reber
Vechigen Dorf
3067 Boll
Switzerland