[microsound] MAX MSP - Supercollider Job at Sound Design company London

Colin Tottero sound_programmer at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jun 4 06:18:31 EDT 2009

Hello all.
Firstly, apologies to admin staff for posting our intern announcement in the wrong section. I've tried to post this in the Announcements section, however it bounced back saying i didn't have permission.Nonetheless, I wanted to address all respondents' concerns and annoyances.
We're posting the intern opportunity anonymously as we don't want applicants to see our current work, and influence their submissions based upon what they think we might be after, or our style of sound design at present. We also get a lot of lazy applicants for sound design jobs who are motivated purely by our client list and getting their foot in the door, but not about the art or passion for creative sound design.We want to be influenced by whoever in, as well as guiding them as to the way we work and share our experience.
Of course the risk of posting anonymously is that we could be anybody, either an established company or a sole man/woman leeching the patches, creativity and inspiration of others.I understand if/why you guys are cynical about our proposition/request. We've got no intention of using anyone's work without credit, it's happened to us in the past, and it's damned infuriating.
Nonetheless, for those that are interested in the posting, I really do look forward to receiving any responses.
Best wishes,
Colin and the team.
> From: dan at listening-station.net
> To: microsound at microsound.org
> Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 09:57:50 -0600
> Subject: Re: [microsound] MAX MSP - Supercollider Job at Sound Design	company London
>
> maybe this is a clandestine attempt to start a new microsound project:
>
> broken patches for hire.
>
> dan.
>
> On Jun 1, 2009, at 1:54 AM, lois laplace wrote:
>
>> for sure, this man seems to be needed good patches for him !
>>

>> 2009/5/31 <matdalgleish at hotmail.com>
>> Perhaps I'm being cynical, but maybe there's no job and they just
>> want some people to make nice Max/sc/Pd patches for them? :-)
>>

>> ________________________
>>
>> On 2009-05-31 22:07:43 +0100 Chris Bullen
>> <auralbeesty at btinternet.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Exactly! To an old fart like me trying to get out of local
>> authority employ,
>>> I'm sure I'm going to jump in the dark, having wasted valuable
>> creative time
>>> into the bargain and jeopardise my family's income. If it's real
>> then this is
>>> 1980's mentality. (ie: live on the edge with the excitement of
>> working your
>>> nuts off for the prospect of being discarded when you cease to
>> look good or
>>> be "useful").
>>> Don't touch it with a bargepole.   Cheers ANTIHIPPI

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/