[microsound] why i'm not excited about Live

Bill Jarboe billjarboe at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 29 11:43:29 EST 2009

I think you should use Live. I can hardly be accused of being
impatient , and I don't mind if it's version 2 , or if you wait for
version 8, or something in between.

   Of course you may take your precious Tom Erbe's other plugins with
you , and I'm not even offended by your using Wave Editor , even
though I've never known anyone use such a thing. I don't even mind if
you're not wearing Nike tennis shoes , or listening to an ipod , I'm
putting my foot down on this one , though.

   Remember that we live in a fairly liberal and easy going society
( is it possible to live in a society , the great society , the tired
of being great yet possibly more interesting society?) and there is
nobody really checking up on what applications a person, musician
( yeah , right . Go work out with some muses then tell me how it
feels, ok?) is using.

   The people who work for pro tools don't go around snickering at
someone dusting off a reel of Emtec , laying down tracks then
chopping it to bits  calling them amateurish or irresponsible. Logic
doesn't have a huge advertising campaign stating: 'Everything else is
just non-sequiturs and insanity'.