[microsound] speakers_unwanted noise

Chantale Laplante laplante71 at cooptel.qc.ca
Tue Jan 27 17:08:13 EST 2009

After I sent my message yesterday, I also thought this was not the
best/appropriate list to do so. (although I did  google before hand on
the subject...)
I am sorry about this. I know microsound is more  about content :)
than tech stuff.

By the way, I sort of followed the thread on music and politics _ All
that made me think of Helmut Lachenman who has a very interesting
reflexion on/with attitude regarding clichés. Which could be said to
be at the heart of avant-garde or not _ (not that being avant-garde is
that essential) but I do agree with him on the importance of being
critical of  the way we organise our sounds and what this can refer to
as a way to question/contest/dare...
Two things at the heart of Lachenman discourse that I think are
especially interesting_ (my translation from french...)
(1) as a composer (artist) to aim at bringing forth the radical
aspects of an apparently useless activity;
(2) this experience is legitimized by the fact that it becomes, with
the mean of a mediatized aesthetic, a challenge to the listener...

My 2 cents...

on the tech side.... Many thanks to all for your advices.
Although I have already done much of what has been suggested, there
are a few tips I had not explored yet and this might just give me the
answer...

Chantale