[microsound] Surround Sound Mics and Field Recording Set-Ups Recs?

Michael North michael.north at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 21 21:03:54 EST 2009

It should be noted that the Soundfield mic's are NOT for surround
recording...they are for first order Ambisonic recording which is/and
isn't 'surround'  sound as such...a good reference site is
ambisonic.net which has alot of info on ambisonic/5.1/7.1 formats and
tools for recording and playback.......
On 20-Jan-09, at 9:48 PM, Marinos Koutsomichalis wrote:

> soundfield manufactures some great mics..
> they are quite top-notch and accordingly priced..
>

> On 21 Ιαν 2009, at 2:25 ΠΜ, margaret noble wrote:
>
>> Hello List,
>>
>> I was hoping to get a few recommendations on surround sound mics
>> and also an audio card that would work with a Mac laptop to
>> capture surround sound recordings without the need for electrical
>> power.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> http://margaretnoble.net/

Michael North