[microsound] Chopping up nonrhythmic music

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 20:28:50 EST 2009

Hi there,

Does anyone have any advice on the easiest way to chop up a
nonrhythmic orchestral piece into some types of slices which can then
be loaded into something like Kontakt (I'm on PC)... or know of a
slicer that doesn't impose the idea that the slice is a 'beat'? I seem
to remember some (free) program that would analyze audio and allow one
to manipulate little pieces. I'm really looking of something free
here.

Sorry for the shoptalk but I figured this was a good place to ask.

~David