[microsound] 'that's edutainment'

guiver ben benreviug at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 15:19:53 EST 2009

i think politics (and im a politics graduate) are often a poor way to discuss sound/music.

i like authors / people who are a bit more emotionally literate: i think the alt indie scene (well the more mainstream alt indie scene ) in the 90's was compared by someone to going to church, which i found quite amusing. it was the straight faced ness of it which i think appealed to the joker...sometimes things are so wooden, it bores the shit out of me and kills the life in things.

satire might be a good place to start. pisses of all those pofaced types to begin with, and brings in humour, which is surely an under-rated quality in any kind of communication.

that said i wouldnt wish to dismiss anyone who wanted to discuss something they found very serious, i just think there's a danger of taking some things too seriously. and russell brands a situationist, apparently...

can anyone think of a good article / paper they read on music that made them laugh? i'd be most interested.

best

ben