[Microsound] [microsound] Max/Msp for Ableton Live

craquemattic craque at craque.net
Sat Jan 17 21:09:31 EST 2009

I would have to agree here. Even looking at a piece of staff paper you
are automatically assigned to the mechanism of traditional notation
and what follows in terms of harmony and structure. By contrast,
working in max or live, or whatever else sits between you and the
actual creation of music, is as such.

It's one reason I like to work so closely with improvisation, the
voice, and direct sampling of materials: an attempt to capture the
most raw musical experience I can. Herein also lies my argument that
microsound (similar to Kim's ideas recently espoused) doesn't
necessarilly imply computer music.