[microsound] Favorite Writings on Ambient Music?

Michael Palace palace at guero.sr.unh.edu
Wed Feb 25 21:05:38 EST 2009

I found House of Leaves very ambient for me.  I was given it by a friend and
read while my wife was away for two months.  Alone in a house in New
Hampshire during the winter can be very interesting.  It inspired me to work
on a soundtrack oriented concept album.  I hope this is not considered
self-promotional here (as I understand the rules of the group), but here is
the link to the work that House of Leaves inspired.  It is a free download.

http://www.darkwinter.com/dw047.html

Quote from the description " Around the same time I read House of Leaves by
Mark Z. Danielewski. I'd like to say that that excellent book influenced
this project. It did and it did not. I felt that the soundtrack to such a
house in the book would be single sounds, placed in an audio field of dead
silence, with not even reverberations of the space that one was in."

Mike Palace
horchata