[microsound] project: microacoustic pt2

Justin Glenn Smith noisesmith at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 17:44:43 EST 2009

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/musician.php?id=11021
http://www.jordansmusicstudio.com/jms/recording/rudy-van-gelder.shtml

Rudy Van Gelder is probably the guy who you are looking for info about.

The fact that they are coloring the audio intentionally is talked around more than talked about. For example when he talks about how accurately the equipment captured the sound of the performance, but the very same equipment did a terrible job of reproducing the recording. Simple logic tells us they are not using a conventional meaning of the word "accuracy" here.