[microsound] post-laptop era?

michael trommer trommer at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 15 23:08:53 EST 2009

I think that my issue with your argument stems from it appearing as
blinkered as that which you are arguing against. Although you seem to claim
not to have any bias against popular/pop/whatever music, the wording you
use, the examples you put (or don't put) forth strongly suggest that you do.
It does smack of elitism, I must say...

I do agree that there's a great deal of crap out there - that goes for the
supposed avant-garde (most of which is, in my opinion, very often boring,
stuck up its own arse, and hiding its inadequacy behind a overcomplicated
façade of academic rhetoric), as well as the mainstream.