[microsound] post-laptop era?

Adern X the.apx at libero.it
Tue Dec 15 13:27:25 EST 2009

IMHO in the last two years laptop moved from being a music generator
to the state of a music controller. In other words, if some times ago
laptop music used mostly sinewaves as input, now it seems more
interesting doing realtime manipulation of samples (or somenting
coming from audio inputs) or play with other (real?) instruments.
The result is that it seems less "laptop-music" perhaps because, for
me, music using sinewaves seems in a creative cul-de-sac.

Hi!

Il giorno 15/dic/09, alle ore 18:38, Kim Cascone ha scritto:

> over the past couple of years I've noticed interesting developments
> in new music
> one is the seemingly sudden plethora of laptop musicians
> the other is the death of laptop music
>
> interested in hearing opinions regarding the state of new music
> culture and .microsound

Adern X

http://www.xevor.net
http://www.myspace.com/adernx
"Boredom is the mother of creativity" (Ron Arad)