[microsound] VHF in pop

Justin Glenn Smith noisesmith at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 16:34:06 EST 2009

It could be coincidental or unrelated, but some shopkeepers broadcast VHF tones designed to be inaudible to adults but irritating to teenagers, to keep kids from loitering. I also heard of kids appropriating the tone as a way of being alerted to text messages in class in a way inaudible to their teachers.
http://www.noloitering.ca/