[microsound] help required with non-detection of emagic MT4 midi interface by logic in os 9

guiver ben benreviug at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 09:33:55 EST 2009

Dear Microsounders,

hello. i am sorry to hassle with this problem, but need help...

basically, i use an old version of logic audio platinum (4.8) together with my g4 quicksilver, audiowerk sound card and a MT4 midi interface (usb), in os9.

it used to work fine, still does really (stays in patch mode when the mac is powered up...), but the problem is that the software isnt picking it up and hence i cant get any midi into or out of logic. (and the light doesnt change from patch to usb/software mode).

i did reinstall both os X (10.4) and os 9 recently due to heavy drive corruption requiring a reformat. i installed OMS for the free version of pro-tools, but have removed all traces of this from the drive, fearing this might be getting in the way or something.

if anyone knows what might be wrong, i'd be very very glad to hear from them since i cant really use any of my midiable gear right now, and thats a massive downer.....

all the best

ben guiver