[microsound-announce] Sonic Practice Now: ISSTA 2020

Robin Parmar robin at robinparmar.com
Mon Jun 8 12:48:19 EDT 2020

CALL FOR WORKS
Sonic Practice Now: ISSTA 2020

The worldwide spread of COVID-19 has impacted our lives in a manner that
has no precedent in recent times. How has the initial shock changed our
professional and personal relationships? Does this pandemic mark a
permanent change to how we work and share? Or is this a societal event that
will soon be normalised? ISSTA would like your responses to this situation
as composers and performers. How has isolation changed your working methods
and ability to collaborate? What new discoveries have you made?

We seek live performances and fixed-media sound works for online
presentation in live stream concert sessions on Friday 14 August 2020. You
can submit new compositions as fixed media files, proposals for live
performance, or any other sonic material that you believe addresses our
theme. For fixed media work we can accept stereo performances with or
without video. For live performances, we welcome proposals that experiment
with possibilities within the Zoom web-conference medium.

The Irish Sound, Science and Technology Association promotes sonic practice
both in Ireland and around the world, through our network of friends and
collaborators. Since 2011, ISSTA has hosted an annual conference and
festival, gathering together papers, installations, concerts, and
workshops. ISSTA is committed to creating a convivial environment diverse
in gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, age, and
ethnicity.

Closing date: 3 July 2020

Information: http://issta.ie