[microsound-announce] ( nula.cc ) new filecasts: 58800 dengbêj evi. 57758 karpaz. mp3, text.

nula.cc editor at nula.cc
Tue Nov 12 17:45:31 EST 2019

--
58800 dengbêj evi

We explore the neighborhoods of the Sur, the old walled city of
Diyarbakır, and find a labyrinth of narrow channels within walls of dark
basalt, perforated here and there with windows and doorways, leading to
unknowable courtyards and the inner sancta of domestic life. …

http://nula.cc/58800 dengbêj evi
--
57758 karpaz

It is early in the morning, and we make a stop along the shore road that
leads almost to the end of the Karpaz Peninsula, the rattail of land
that juts out into the eastern Mediterranean from the northeast corner
of Cyprus, where I capture this ambience.

http://nula.cc/57758 karpaz
--
58601 fata morgana ~

A mirage is a thing at once true and false; the image of a thing not
there, which nonetheless can be seen and even photographed. In this
collection of works, you will hear various field recordings placed on
backdrops or in landscapes instantiated through convolution, the
unnatural echoes of one voice within the impossible chamber modelled by
another. The groaning metal door of a machine shop, the nimble fingers
of Armenian carpet weavers, a paternoster elevator, crows, bells, steam
whistles, rattling pot lids, dry leaves and sleet falling are the
voices. Where are they in these pieces? On what planet do they resound?

http://nula.cc/58601 fata morgana
--
previously

http://nula.cc/58772 [1] night poem
http://nula.cc/58768 [2] hapax legomenon

--
Visit Bandcamp to download nula.cc works as full-resolution 24bit-48k
audio files. You can pay what you want, even nothing.

https://nulacc.bandcamp.com/ [3]

--
main page : http://nula.cc [4]
all filecasts : http://nula.cc/list [5]