[microsound-announce] Communing with ghosts

Thaniel Lee thanielionlee at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 23:17:07 EST 2018

https://humanhoodrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/communing-with-ghosts

Communing with ghosts

JMoNoisey

When I was 5 my family moved from the North of England to Madras (now
Chennai), India. We were there during the 1971 war with Pakistan, the Ghost
War. Two years later we moved back to England and less than a year after
that my Mother died. I have lived most of my life without memories of her
except for that time in India.

The day after Christmas in 2016 I went to India looking for those places
that my Mother loved. I found them inside myself.

I recorded many of the samples used on this album on that trip, the tracks
were recorded using an Elektron Octatrack, A4 and RYTM, some Eurorack
modules and various effects pedals.

These tracks are all one-shot recordings, almost no editing of the content
was done afterwards except for normal mixing and mastering steps.