[microsound-announce] Music For Uplifting Gormandizers

philippe petit philippe-petit at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 8 04:21:45 EDT 2015

Hallo
Hope that you are enjoying the WE
One year ago I joined the Mixcloud platform and started uploading mixes
on a monthly basis. Up to this morning The Sonic Seducer page almost
reached 16 000 listens so to celebrate I have just shared "Music For
Uplifting Gormandizers". An eclectic and rythmical effort in trying to
break routine, surprising thru exploring multistyle DJ-ing... Exploring
various periods in time/history, going from Orchestral, Sci-Fi, Soul,
Hip-Hop, Blaxploitation, Soundtracks, Library, Funky Beats, Cha Cha,
varied Grooves, 50/60s spices, Abstract Indie to Disco thru Electronics,
mixing 82 songs in a 3,5 hour session...
A lively and  thought-provoking journey.
Below the tracklisting, may it bring a smile to your ears...

Louis & Bebe Barron - Forbidden Planet
Soundtrack Rocky Horror Picture Show vs. Twilight Zone
Star Trek Theme
Sun Ra - Space Is The Place
Enoch Light & The Light Brigade - I'm Your Boogie Man
David Bowie - John, I'm Only Dancing
Rod Stewart - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy
Armando Trovajoli - Casanova '70
Cosma Vladimir -  Samba Cueca
Lem Arcon & His Band - Bonito
Jack Ary Et Son High Society Cha-Cha ‎-- Cha Cha Transistor
Titus Turner - Bla, Bla Cha Cha Cha
Rinky Dinks - Choo Choo Cha Cha
Michel Magne - Tropical
Henri René & His Orchestra - Hansel and Pretzel
Les Baxter - Voodoo Dreams
Raymond Scott - Limbo- The Organized Mind
Harry Belafonte - Day-o (Banana Boat Song)
Ronnie Cook & The Gay Lads  - Goo Goo Muck
Screaming Lord Sutch And The Savages - She's Fallen In Love With The Monster Man
Barrett Strong - Money (That's What I Want)
Bob McFadden & Dor - The Beat Generation
Jayne Mansfield - Suey
Ray Sharpe - Linda Lu
Rita Lee - Corista De Rock
Os Mutantes - Panis et Circenses
Serguei - Eu Sou Psicodélico
Fábio - Lindo sonho delirante
Vanusa - Hey Joe
John Barry - Goldfinger
DJ Shadow - Stem  Long Stem  Transmission
Eric B. & Rakim - Paid In Full
Cypress Hill - Dr. Greenthumb
Mandingo - Black Rites
Charles Bernstein - That Man Bolt
Quincy Jones - Money Runner
Syd Dale -  Disco Tek
Senor soul - Poquito soul
Lalo Schifrin - Mission Impossible  (More Mission)
Machito & His Afro-Cubans - Knock on Wood
Gladys Knight & The Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Lene Lovitch - I Think We're Alone Now
The Delmonas - Peter Gunn Locomotion
Karo - Un garçon en mini-jupe
Laura Ulmer - Les Cover Girls
Anna Karina - Rollergirl
Christie Laume- Rouge Rouge
Dinosaur - Go Bang
Bush Tetras - Can't Be Funky
Roy Ayers - Coffy Is The Color
Solomon Burke - Cool Breeze
Curtis Mayfield
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough (The Reflex Re-Vision)
Smoove - I'm A Man
Jean Jacques Smoothie - 2 People
Aufgang - Sonar
Bjork - So Quiet
David Carretta Rmx Electrosexual - Tempelhof
The Bloody Beetroots - Rocksteady
Martin Garrix - Animal
The Model RMX Jori Hulkkonen
Apparat
Henry Krinkle - Stay
Todd Terje vs. Hot Chip - How Do You Do
Todd Terje - For Your Love
BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah - Ray Gun ft. Doom
Ice T - Colors
Whitefield Brothers (ft. Edan & Mr.Lif) - The Gift
Baby Huey -  California Dreamin'
The Timelords - Doctorin' The Tardis
House Of Pain - Jump Around!
Dizzee Rascal - Old Skool
De La Soul - A Roller Skating Jam Named Saturdays
MC Fosty & Lovin' C - Radio Activity Rapp
Transvolta - Disco Computer
L.A.X. - Dancin' At The Disco
Sylvia Love - Extraterrestrial Lover
The Juan Maclean - A Place Called Space