[microsound-announce] CUBE Fest 2016 Call for Participation

Eric Lyon audiodidact at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 19:52:55 EST 2015

CUBE Fest 2016: Massively Multichannel Music is now accepting proposals.
The festival will take place at Virginia Tech on August 6 & 7, 2016.

This festival will focus on music for high-density loudspeaker arrays
(HDLA), with 24 or more channels. All proposals sent in a format that
allows for multichannel audition will be reviewed in the intended
multichannel format. Our programming will favor works that create spatial
effects that are not possible in lower order multichannel formats such as
octophonic, 5.1, or stereo. We are interested to present a very broad
stylistic range of music. We are willing to take risks with audacious
proposals that might push the boundaries of spatial audio experience. For
further details please see the link below. Submission deadline is January 30
th, 2016.

https://www.icat.vt.edu/content/cube-fest-proposals

A reminder of two other HDLA opportunities:

The 2016 Spatial Music Workshop at Virginia Tech (deadline January 15th,
2016).

https://www.icat.vt.edu/content/2016-spatial-music-workshop-virginia-tech-call-proposals

The Computer Music Journal call for articles on computer music for HDLAs
(deadline January 30th, 2016).

http://www.computermusicjournal.org/HDLA-call.html

Please feel free to contact me directly with questions about any of these
calls at ericlyon at vt.edu.

Thanks for your attention!

Eric