[microsound-announce] Fwd: Invisible Places CFP deadline EXTENDED to 31st March

MSAE Admin info at mwsae.org
Sat Mar 15 15:58:57 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Raquel Castro <fonorak at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Subject: Invisible Places CFP deadline EXTENDED to 31st March

Invisible Places | Sounding Cities

Symposium on Sound, Urbanism and Sense of Place

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

CFP Deadline Extended: 31st March

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dates: 18 - 20 July

Location: Viseu, Portugal

For more information: http://www.invisibleplaces.org

Often acoustic space is ignored in the construction of a public space,
yet the negative impact this has does not seem to get many complaints.
People rarely require more quality of the sonic world, because the
average consumer does not have the necessary references to change this
state of affairs. We know that the prevalence of noise or sounds that
do not convey any social significance and are a disturbance of the
quality of life, reduces the ability to identify with the place we
inhabit. It is therefore urgent to think about the acoustical problems
societies are facing today and integrate that thinking in urban
planning, architecture and management of public space, because the
idea we have of ourselves, our personal awareness and the
relationships we build in the external world, are inextricably linked
to a space. We all exist somewhere. And personal identity also relates
to this.

Call for papers - main topics

- Sound, place and identity

- Urban planning and architecture

- Policies for noise control

- Urban soundscapes

- Sound and sense of place

- The study of soundscapes as social and political intervention

- Sound communities

- The creation of positive soundscapes

- Sound art as public art

Call for audio works

We invite artists to show sound pieces approaching the subject of
"Sound and Sense of Place". We are interested in artistic works that
raise awareness to the urban soundscape and that reflect critically on
how cities are growing and being planned around the globe.

Important Dates

31 March: Abstracts Submission Deadline (up to 500 words)

31 March: Audio Works Submission Deadline

15 April: Notifications

28 April: Registrations open

31 May: Delivery of Full Papers and Final Versions

Scientific Committee

Adriana Sá

Angus Carlyle

Carlos Alberto Augusto

Eric Leonardson

Jennifer Stoever-Ackerman

John Levack Drever

José Bragança de Miranda

José Luís Bento Coelho

Luís Cláudio Ribeiro

Luísa Ribas

Maile Colbert

Miguel Carvalhais

Mohammed Bazine Boubezari

Peter Cusack

Pedro Rebelo

Raquel Castro

Teresa Cruz

Sabine Breitsameter

Vítor Joaquim

Additional information and submission details

* All works must be submitted via EasyChair --
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ip2014

Submissions must be original and will be rigorously reviewed by an
international and multidisciplinary scientific committee, in a process
that will assess originality, relevance, aesthetic and technical
achievements;

* The reviewing will be double-blind; please omit all information
about the authors in the submissions;

* Call for papers: submission of abstracts up to 500 words

* Audio works should be accompanied by a 500 word abstract

* All images and media assets must be cleared for publication by the authors;

* At least one of the authors of each contribution must register to
the conference before the first author registration deadline in order
for the work to be published in the proceedings;

* Invisible Places's working language is English;

* Invisible Places's conference proceedings (with ISBN) will be
published online;

* Please contact the program chairs at soundingcities at gmail.com with
any questions regarding submissions.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/invisibleplaces