[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #470: 2014.06.08
. m u r m e r .
murmer at murmerings.com
Wed Jun 11 04:55:05 EDT 2014
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!
- sunday, 18:00 ::: tartu, ee ::: generaadio
- sunday, 23:00 ::: london, uk ::: resonance 104.4fm
- monday, 05:00 ::: amsterdam, nl ::: concertzender
- monday, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- tuesday, 12:30 ::: south devon, uk ::: soundartradio 102.5fm
- wednesday, 15:00 ::: lisbon, pt ::: radio zero
- wednesday, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- thursday, 02:00 ::: coimbra, pt ::: rádio universidade de coimbra
- thursday, 19:00 ::: lisbon, pt ::: radio zero
- thursday, 11:00 ::: maribor, si ::: radio marš 95.9fm
- friday, 00:00 ::: ljubljana, si ::: radio študent 89.3fm
- friday, 01:00 ::: brussels, be ::: radio campus 92.1fm
- friday, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- saturday, 11:00 ::: new york state, us ::: wgxc 90.7fm
- saturday, 14:00 ::: brasilía, br ::: rádio paisagem
~ time zone converter: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com ~
for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net
SUPPORT FRAMEWORK! your contributions make framework possible. please
consider signing up to become a regular monthly donor, or make a
one-time contribution. as a thank-you for your subscription of €5 or
more, or your one-time donation of €20 or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal release series! we can't do it
without you, and we greatly appreciate your support.
listen to this edition here:
this edition of framework:afield has been produced in the uk by alan
dunn in collaboration with chris watson and students from the school of
art, architecture and design at leeds metropolitan university. notes
from the producers:
"Milkshake to mouthpiece"
Leeds Metropolitan University, Alan Dunn & Chris Watson
What follows is a selection of field recordings made by students from
the School of Art, Architecture and Design at Leeds Metropolitan
University over the past three years, working with Alan Dunn and the
sound recordist Chris Watson.
Each year a group of students work with Chris around Leeds, building
their own contact microphones, experimenting with hydrophones or working
with 'bat detectors' to create unique new audio portraits of Leeds at
various times of the day.
In this selection we hear numerous original recordings and edited
compositions ranging from Leeds market, street musicians, metal
railings, below the surface of the Leeds & Liverpool Canal and looming
Yorkshire storms. Students in this selection are Alan Connolly, Annabel
Crossley, David Scarf, Joe Finister and Triin Niinemets.
again, we are always looking for new material, whether raw field
recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
framework intro submissions:
1) take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2) record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3) read aloud the following text (in english or translated):
welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition. field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!
4) continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
5) post the
recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3
:: info at frameworkradio.net
:: telliskivi 3
:: 65605 võru
mailing list: http://eepurl.com/lQBOT
More information about the microsound-announce