[microsound-announce] Trilobite 0.9.3 Genetic Audio Synth

Wayne Jackson kasjonc at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 16:28:44 EDT 2014

microsound,

Some of you may vaguely remember that I posted on the list about two years ago
to announce a suite of audio synthesis applications for Win32 which usd the
genetic algorithm to explore timbrespace ("Cambrian Suite").  Since then I've
never stopped working on this project, and I'm happy to annouce an updated
version which makes a quantum leap from where the last one left off.  The
application is "Trilobite", version 0.9.3 beta, and includes the following
changes and features:

* now available for both Macintosh computers and Windows PC
* patch editing features and evolution engine integrated into a single app
* Audio Unit (AU) and VST plugin versions
* a fully-integrated patch bank librarian
* drag and drop loading
* descriptive metadata editors with text and images
* web publishing features
* extensive HTML user guide
* completely overhauled and optimized modular synthesis engine
* lots of demonstration patches as part of the software install

I'm posting to the microsound-announce list because this application is
a direct descendent of the genetic algorithm synthesizer I used to create
most of the tracks for my contribution to the Fallt invalidObjects mini CD
series, "do" by "Later Days", and this group seems to share an appreciation
for bizarre sound.

Trilobite 0.9.3 is freely available from the Darwin Arts web site:

    http://www.darwinarts.com

Register as a user to download your free copy.

As time permits, I will be posting example tracks from the synthesizer on the
Darwin Arts Sound Cloud channel, and tutorial videos to YouTube.

Enjoy!
-Wayne
swjackson at darwinarts.com