[microsound-announce] Radio On live event in Berlin this week-end- Burroughs100 sounds/dance - radio

rinus van alebeek injapatti at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 06:21:49 EST 2014

Dear residents/visitors of Berlin, listeners around the world,

Radio On, Berlin based radio,
is involved in the William Burroughs centennial.

4 days (Thursday to Sunday 13-16. February) of dreammachines, texts, dance
and experimented music at the Brotfabrik in Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg.
info with program/artists, links and directions
http://www.oneclick.radio-on-berlin.com/?p=907

Another (radio) program I would like to bring to your attention is an
interview about the situation in Kiev/Ukraine.
There is hardly any news coming through over the last days. Why this might
be considered as a silence before the storm is explained in the interview.

An interesting point might be that this interview is conducted by someone
who is involved in sound and making location recordings (me) and that the
interviewee is likewise involved in sound and location recordings.
I read about field recorders working together with scientists, architects,
urban developers ecc.

In this interview, however, different sensitivities come together, not to
create a composition, but to describe a situation that affects every day
life in a most direct way. Do people who use their ears as an instrument
see and understand things differently?

You can find out for yourself tomorrow Sunday at 12:00-13:00 and
14:00-15:00 Berlin time (+7 to +10 for South-East Asia and Australia, +8
for Japan)
http://radio-on-berlin.com

or come in directly for a chance encounter
http://radioon.out.airtime.pro:8000/radioon_a

Have a Great Day,

Rinus/Radio On

http://rinus.zeromoon.com