[microsound-announce] hangfarm ("soundfarm") - call for works

Kovács Balázs kovacs.balazs at art.pte.hu
Tue Apr 15 07:47:03 EDT 2014

Dear Microsoundlist,
this is a

Call for works:
hangfarm / #1

week-end for sound installations and time-extensive compositions
Ellend, Hungary
August 14-17, 2014.

Call for audio works!

The organisers of Hangfarm ("Soundfarm") Sound Art Festival invite
artists to propose submissions for the festival. This year we prefer
sound installations and very long music compositions. We are looking for
submissions in the following topics:

1. sound installations in natural settings (for possible venues see
http://www.hangfarm.hu/call.php)
2. time-extensive (longer than 6 hours!) compositions and conceptual pieces
3. multichannel electroacoustic pieces (4-10 speakers) or binaural
compositions.

We ask the artists to send the description, documentation, short
excerpts or whole audio files of the submitted work electronically to
porta at hangfarm.hu <mailto:porta at hangfarm.hu> . Please contact us via
this email address if you require further information or a personal
visit of the possible installation venues.

_*Deadline for application: 20 May 2014*._
Notification of acceptance: 10 June2014.

We give higher priority for submissions whose subject is organic
thinking, or those with self-contained power supplies, e.g. solar panel,
mechanically powered generator etc.

The selected submissions can be presented during the weekend, between 14
and 17 August, within or around the village of Ellend. The organisers
will try to provide the equipment needed for presenting the work: power
supply, amplifier(s), loudspeaker(s). If this is not possible, we will
ask the artists to help us.

Informations about the venue:

Ellend, a small village of 200 citizens, is placed in southern Hungary,
15 km east from Pécs. The property hosting the Hangfarm Festival is an
area of roughly 2 acres in the village centre, with various natural
terrains: patches of forests, small meadows, a bigger plateau, and a
huge gulch.

Website:

http://www.hangfarm.hu/

We welcome organisers, volunteers, partners to join, just drop us an
email <mailto:porta at hangfarm.hu>!

cheers,

--

Kovacs Balazs
PTE Muveszeti Kar, Media- es Alkalmazott Muveszetek Intezete
e-mail: kovacs.balazs at art.pte.hu
www: http://www.art.pte.hu/menu/92http://mumia.art.pte.hu/mami/
blog: http://art.pte.hu/211orchestra/