[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #405: 2013.01.27

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Jan 28 13:16:00 EST 2013

framework radio
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!

-------------------------

framework broadcasts:
   - sunday, 11pm, london, uk on resonance 104.4fm
       (http://www.resonancefm.com)
   - monday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
       (http://www.radionouspace.net)
   - tuesday, 12:30pm, south devon, uk on soundartradio 102.5fm
       (http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)
   - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on radio zero
       (http://www.radiozero.pt)
   - wednesday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
       (http://www.radionouspace.net)
   - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on radio zero
       (http://www.radiozero.pt)
   - thursday, 11pm, maribor, si on radio marš 95.9fm
       (http://www.radiomars.si)
   - friday, 1am, brussels, be on radio campus 92.1fm
       (http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
   - friday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
       (http://www.radionouspace.net)
   - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on wgxc 90.7fm
       (http://www.wgxc.org)

~ time zone converter: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com ~

for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net

SUPPORT FRAMEWORK!
your contributions make framework possible. sign up as a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
as a thank-you for your donation of €20 or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal cd series, issue #3, a 2.5 hour
audio dvdr by the legendary chris watson!

-------------------------

#405: 2013.01.27

this edition of framework:afield has been produced in the united states
by john f. barber. for more information see his page for this program at
http://www.nouspace.net/john/sound/pulsations.html, or his personal
website at http://www.nouspace.net/john. some words from the artist:

"Ambient Pulsations explores a universe of pulsating sounds, all without
apparent physical sources or attributes of materiality. This inability
to visualize sound sources promotes an acousmatic listening experience
focused on the act of hearing. As a result, we take interest in sounds
for their own merits, refining our listening through repeated listening,
thus becoming more aware of our listening variations and subjectivity.
This work imagines itself a narrative, but, what does it sound like to
you?" - john f. barber

again, we are always looking for new material, whether raw field
recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

-------------------------

(timeline & descriptions)

00:00 Saturn radio wave transmissions
01:02 Space weather sounds
02:00 Sample, "Electric fence controller bugged by the enemy eraser,"
track #6, "To Make Things Happen in the Bunker Via the Micro Way." Carl
Michael von Hausswolff. 1997.
02:41 Sample, "Spirit folio lite detector (no positive results)," track
#2, "To Make Things Happen in the Bunker Via the Micro Way." Carl
Michael von Hausswolff. 1997.
03:59 Enceladus radio wave transmissions
05:00 Alien voices
05:21 Ocean waves
05:54 Boulder River, Colorado
06:59 Psycho soundscape
08:00 Attic fan
08:32 Airplane passenger cabin during takeoff
11:08 Dishwasher fill cycle
13:13 Distant traffic
13:13 Pacific tree frogs
14:15 Rain on vent cover
16:32 Saturn radio wave transmissions
16:32 Boulder River, Colorado (reversed)
16:32 Dishwasher wash cycle (start)
16:32 Distant traffic
16:32 Airplane passenger cabin pulsations
16:32 Blower, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system
19:34 Railroad crossing, Stevenson, Washington
19:55 Rumble under railroad overpass, Vancouver, Washington
22:39 Motor rumble (excavator)
22:54 Motor sounds, antique tractors, Clark County Fair, Ridgefield,
Washington
23:04 Motor sounds, antique tractors, Clark County Fair, Ridgefield,
Washington
23:36 Pulsations, antique gasoline powered milking machine, Clark County
Fair, Ridgefield, Washington
24:36 Motor sounds, antique tractors, Clark County Fair, Ridgefield,
Washington
24:56 Motor sounds, antique tractors, Clark County Fair, Ridgefield,
Washington
25:56 Drumming, city park, Spokane, Washington
28:38 Home breadmaking machine
29:16 Distant traffic
29:16 HVAC blower
29:16 Rumble under railroad overpass, Vancouver, Washington
29:16 Attic fan
29:53 Dishwasher, wash cycle (reversed)
30:40 Lapellah Restaurant, Vancouver, Washington
32:01 Air conditioning blower, Stevenson, Washington
33:04 Distant traffic
33:27 Terminal light rail, Atlanta International Airport
34:40 Airplane passenger cabin pulsations
34:40 Lapellah Restaurant, Vancouver, Washington
34:40 Lobby conversations, general ambience
35:41 Sample, "Rapid Dots," CD#3, track #22, The Conet Project:
Recordings of Shortwave Numbers Stations
37:34 Sample, "Faders," CD#4, track #29, The Conet Project: Recordings
of Shortwave Numbers Stations
38:35 Sample, CD#4, track #39, The Conet Project: Recordings of
Shortwave Numbers Stations
39:34 Sample, CD#4, track #40, The Conet Project: Recordings of
Shortwave Numbers Stations
40:35 Sample, CD#4, track #43, The Conet Project: Recordings of
Shortwave Numbers Stations
41:35 Sample, "Workshop," #4, track #30, The Conet Project: Recordings
of Shortwave Numbers Stations
42:25 Enceladus radio wave transmissions
42:31 Water down parking lot drain
44:59 SFX sample, Lost
45:11 Womb
45:57 Heartbeat (normal)
46:27 Rainchain
47:09 Loon, rain, and windchime
52:55 Dishwasher, fill cycle
55:00 End

-------------------------

framework intro submissions:

   1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
   2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
   3)    read aloud the following text (in english or translated):

welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition.  field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!

   4)    continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
   5)    post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
--

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
framework
::   info at frameworkradio.net
::
::   http://www.facebook.com/frameworkradio