[microsound-announce] New podcast: PROBES #2.2. Auxiliaries. Curated by Chris Cutler

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:03:22 EST 2013

*New podcast: PROBES #2.2. Auxiliaries. Curated by Chris Cutler
*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes2-2_chris_cutler_/capsula
Playlist: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes2-2_chris_cutler_/capsula

The PROBES <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag> Auxiliaries collect
materials related to each episode that try to give a broader – and more
immediate – impression of the field. They are a scan, not a deep listening
vehicle; an indication of what further investigation might uncover and, for
that reason, most are edited snapshots of longer pieces. We have tried to
light the corners as well as the central arena, and to not privilege
so-called serious over so-called popular genres. In this installment we
look further at microtonal divisons based on equal temperament.

*In this instalment we look further at alternative tuning systems based on
the naturally occurring harmonic series, opening up a potentially infinite
series of customised Just Intonation scales.*

You can find the previous instalment here:
PROBES #2 <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes2_chris_cutler_/capsula>
PROBES #2 Transcript<http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20121129/02probes_transcript_eng.pdf>

Follow us at: http://twitter.com/Radio_Web_MACBA