[microsound-announce] Call for Participation: Collective Monotone Cementa13

ian at ian-andrews.org ian at ian-andrews.org
Mon Jan 14 01:24:51 EST 2013

Apologies for the close deadline.

Call for Participation

Collective Monotone: a soundwork in homage to Yves Klein’s Monotone
Symphony to accompany Collective Monochrome No. 26. for Cementa 13 at
Kandos, NSW Australia.

To participate please send a sustained tone of the note E of any duration.
The sound can be processed in any way and need not be a pure tone.

The piece will be performed at Cementa 13 in Kandos February 1-4 2013. It
will accompany Collective Monochrome, a publicly assisted art work:
initiated by Billy Gruner and Sarah Keighery. The Collective Monochrome is
an ongoing international contemporary art project already seen in 25 other
cities and locations world-wide. Importantly the painting is created in
conjunction with other artists and sound works and audiences alike. Such a
project sets out to make a collected meeting point of individual actions.

Open mics will be provided at the festival for audience participation and
the event will be recorded.

Remember E!  Tones of different notes will be re-pitched.

Please send an audio file as a contribution to the work.

Deadline: Saturday 26th January 2013

Please let me know if you wish to contribute to this project and I will
send instructions for upload.

cheers,

ian