[microsound-announce] "The Extraordinary Tale Of A Lemon Girl" trilogy: Chapter III is now released

philippe petit philippe-petit at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 5 08:06:17 EST 2012

Hello
It's been a while so I hope that you are enjoying a nice Autumn. Over
here I had the pleasure of playing some very nice gigs, and many are
taking form whose most exciting is celebrating 50 years of existence of
Ensemble Musiques Nouvelles, playing with the whole orchestra again in
Brussels on DEC 6. Lydia Lunch and I playing Philarmonie Luxembourg in
March ; and above everything an Australian tour. At long last I'll make
it in Aussieland for some shows between January 8 and 18, thanx to Shoeb
Ahmad and HelloSquare label. More infos on this in future mailouts, as
for now I'm happy to inform that "The Extraordinary Tales Of A Lemon
Girl" trilogy is now complete since its third chapter "Hitch-Hiking Thru
Bronze Mirrors" has been released last week
some extracts can be heard there:

http://soundcloud.com/5rp/philippe-petit-hitch-hiking
http://soundcloud.com/5rp/philippe-petit-hitch-hiking-1
http://www.reverbnation.com/philippepetit2?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav
*

**Chapter III: Hitch-hiking Thru Bronze Mirrors *(CD - LP - Digital on
AAGOO REC) - 15 euros postpaid from me.
http://aagoo.com/
"Hitch-hiking Thru Bronze Mirrors" is the third and final chapter of the
girl's nonsensical journeys to oneiric lands.
Our heroin is slowly traveling back to reality, into a beautiful
natureland though permeated by an atmosphere of pollution. The score is
more acoustic, using a rich palette of instruments and paying attention
to themes and melodies although being riddled here and there by some
off-kilter sonic eruptions, dissonances or prepaired
tunings/instruments. The Lemon Girl comes back home, "safe and sound"
but action and suspense are still thrilling "listeners-in-danger" with a
sense of uncertainty about the happy ending...

*AND STILL A FEW LEFT of "The Extraordinary Tale Of A Lemon Girl"
trilogy* *TRIPLE LP VINYL BOXSET*, direct from me at 40 euros so those
interested just have to reply to this message to arrange mailordering...
Or direct to Aagoo as please remember that ordering from us is the best
possible way to support.

:- )

In advance thank you

For those around Poitiers Colin Stetson has invited me to share bill
with him at Confort Moderne in Poitiers on NOV 20, so c u there... And
'till then best wishes.
philippe

http://www.philippepetit.info/