[microsound-announce] Audiovisual Programming: Mapping and Visualization (correct dates)

l'ull cec info at lullcec.org
Thu May 10 13:26:46 EDT 2012

The announcement we sent out a couple of days ago had the dates all wrong.

Here's the correct info about the seminar:

AUDIOVISUAL PROGRAMMING: MAPPING AND VISUALIZATION

(by Fredrik Olofsson)

This seminar will investigate the built-in graphical features of
SuperCollider and how to use these artistically in combination with the
sound synthesis server. We will use simple sounds and simple graphics to
explore the endless possibilities of audiovisual mapping and sound
visualization. The aim is to combine shapes, colours, paths and pixels
with oscillators, control signals, wavetables and spectrums. At the end
of the course we will have programmed a few unique audiovisual
instruments and connected sound generating code to drawing routines. We
will also play with drawing time and frequency domain representations of
audio and looked at generating static images by plotting waveforms in
non-realtime. We will code sounds that look good as well as code
graphics that sound well.

Level: intermediate (presumes some basic SuperCollider knowledge)

Language: English

Dates:
Friday 18.05.2012, 18:00-22.00h.
Saturday 19.05.2012, 11:00–14:00h, 16:00-19:00h
Sunday 20.05.2012, 11:00–14:00h, 16:00-19:00h

Location: Fabra i Coats – Fàbrica de Creació. Sant Adrià, 20. Barcelona.
Metro Sant Andreu.

+info: [
http://lullcec.org/en/2012/workshops/programacio-audiovisual-mapeig-i-visualitzacio/
]