[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #385: 2012.07.29

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Jul 30 20:08:49 EDT 2012

framework radio
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!

-------------------------

framework broadcasts:
     - sunday, 11pm, london, uk on resonance 104.4fm
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - tuesday, 12:30pm, south devon, uk on soundartradio 102.5fm
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)
     - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on radio zero
(http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on radio zero
(http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 11pm, maribor, si on radio marš 95.9fm
(http://www.radiomars.si)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on radio campus 92.1fm
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on wgxc 90.7fm
(http://www.wgxc.org)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net

SUPPORT FRAMEWORK!
your contributions make framework possible. sign up as a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
and as a thank-you for a donation of 18€ or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal cd series!

-------------------------

#385: 2012.07.29

make note! this will be our last new edition before framework takes it's
annual summer break for the month of august. we will be back with our
next new edition on september 2nd. in the meantime, we'll be regaling
you with a selection of shows from the framework vaults while we
recharge our batteries and our ears. we'll have info up about august's
archive shows on the frontpage of the website within the next few days.
and when we return in september, we'll be making a special, very
exciting announcement about our next edition of framework:seasonal! any
guesses??

this edition of framework:afield has been produced in canada by france
jobin, and is the latest installment in her ongoing series, 'these are a
few of my favorite things.' for more information see her website at
http://www.francejobin.com. from the producer:

As mentioned in earlier installments, my interpretation of field
recording based works, is very broad however, the thread I like to
follow is to find artists who have mastered  their unique identity
through the music of sound.

This edition of "my favorite things", is devoted to a particular live
event that happened in Montreal in May 2011, and i was lucky enough to
attend.

Musique d'impression

Three composers, here and abroad, two live performances and a
presentation of audio book.

The young and dynamic organization of electroacoustic music Ekumen
Montreal, is investing again, in an intimate and unusual presentation,
this time, music, printing and its surroundings.

The event invaded, the  book binding studio of Cecile Cote, a small
universe of stories printed, ready to be told, to take life and mix with
the presence and the imagination of each.

Ekumen offered a unique opportunity for Montrealers to visit or revisit
Geographic Words, the sound performance of the internationally acclaimed
multidisciplinary artist Herman Kolgen, to get carried away by the
merger Sieste05 haunting book, created by the composer Olivier Girouard
and graphics by Urban9 or discover through "The underneath of things",
the world premiere of the universe purring and delicate sound of British
artist Orla Wren.

Travel, sound and magnetic proximity between artist, audience and venue
Inspired by the intimacy of the place and a magnetic proximity
exacerbated with the public, each artist offers a work that manipulates
and reinvents the laws of the size, but takes its support on a very
human scale. Through a multidirectional interplay, each confronts a
series of unexpected encounters solitary or in common. The public is
propelled, elastic jump, a leaping camera revealing voluptuous relative
breaths , fragile voice or laughing, without reference to an environment
where successive points and leaks resonate.

Three works

Geographic words, the very gripping and poetic performance offset by
Herman Kolgen suddenly eradicates our dreams inside our thoughts to
bring to light and melt back into the mass of sound that envelops us.

Facing the book Sieste05 Olivier Girouard & Urban9, connected by Cecile
herself, our daydreams find the comfort of their intimate loneliness and
gives way to a sound space that forms the imagination.

The underneath of things, the performance of Orla Wren Music is
specially created for printing. The artist is inspired by the real
machine tools and workshop revealing macroscopic details , often hidden
around us, and its profound effect on the sensory experience of life, to
listen and to hear.

Tracks - Artists - Websites

Geographic words - Herman Kolgen - http://www.kolgen.net
sieste_05 - Olivier & Urban9 - http://www.ekumen.com
The underneath of things - Orla Wren - http://www.orlawren.com

Ekumen is an organisation that facilitates the gathering of artists and
the exploration of sound art and electroacoustic music.

Artistic director since December 2010, Olivier Girouard is pursuing
Ekumen’s mandate to offer a space for local and international creation
and dissemination, as well as supporting the production of works and
publications.

Ekumen stands out not only by proposing original listening situations –
making music with unusual objects in atypical places, but also through a
constant thirst for exchange and the integration of other art forms and
techniques. Research, curiosity and the unearthing of a variety of
platforms to present work to an audience: these are integral elements of
Ekumen’s creativity.

Ekumen moves the soundscapes we speak of – instead of contemplating
them, we travel inside.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field-recordings, field-recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our  guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

-------------------------

framework intro submissions:

   1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
   2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
   3)    read aloud the following text (in english or translated):

welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition.  field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!

   4)    continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
   5)    post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
--

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
framework
::   info at frameworkradio.net
::
::   http://www.facebook.com/frameworkradio