[microsound-announce] New at Stasisfield: Matthew Sansom

John Kannenberg john at stasisfield.com
Mon Jul 9 18:31:25 EDT 2012

STASISFIELD: A DECADE OF SONIC PLANAR ANALYSIS / 2002 - 2012

Now available at Stasisfield.com:

--------------------------------
APPARITIONS
by MATTHEW SANSOM
--------------------------------

http://www.stasisfield.com/releases/year10/sf-10001.html

London's Matthew Sansom has created a lush collection of unearthly sounds, a suite of tracks whose serenity is balanced by a subtext of unease: Did I just hear that? Where did that come from? Was that part of the recording? As a series of melodic waves and static pulses interact with carefully selected field recordings of footsteps and whispers, the album's titular phenomena collide with the listener's perceptions, appearing and disappearing like a series of collected sonic mirages.

KEEP STASISFIELD RUNNING - MAKE A DONATION

Stasisfield needs your help to keep our servers running. Please consider making a donation, either on the Apparitions release page above, or on our homepage:

http://www.stasisfield.com

Thanks for listening.

John Kannenberg

[ http://www.johnkannenberg.com ]