[microsound-announce] [framework] playlist #357: 2012.01.08

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Tue Jan 10 07:40:38 EST 2012

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
     - sunday, 11pm, london, ukon *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
- tuesday, 12:30pm, south devon, uk on*soundartradio 102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)
- wednesday, 2am, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio* (http://www.cooradio.com)
     - wednesday, 3am,lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm,lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 11pm, maribor, si on *radio marš 95.9fm*
(http://www.radiomars.si)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on *wgxc 90.7fm*
(http://www.wgxc.org)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html>~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net *

possible. visit out website to find out how to become a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
25% of all donations go to *resonancefm*, without whom /*framework*/
would not exist.
*
**FOR DONATIONS STARTING AT JUST €18 YOU CAN RECEIVE ONE OF OUR
/FRAMEWORK EDITIONS/ CD RELEASES: THE LATEST ISSUE OF OUR /FRAMEWORK
SEASONAL/ SERIES, OR ONE OR BOTH EDITIONS OF THE /FRAMEWORK250/ 2CD
COMPILATIONS!**
**

*

*#357: 2012.01.08*

greetings all, welcome to the beginning of our 2012 season! another new
year, the 11th (!) year that has seen /*framework*/ broadcasts, and what
a ride it's been. with this edition we see the end of our special
programs featuring tracks from the /*autumn 2011*/ edition of
/*framework seasonal*/, and we begin thinking about the next edition,
slated for spring 2012. this untreated field recording was recorded in
the uk by *joe stevens*, and is entitled /*fireworks on carnival
night*/. if you haven't picked up a copy of the first /*seasonal*/ issue
yet, now's the time - grab one while they're still hot! more info here:

http://www.frameworkradio.net/seasonal

proceeds go towards keeping /*framework*/ on the air - paying studio
rent, new music, equipment, travel, the occasional cheese sandwich. and
as always, 25% of all donations go directly to *resonancefm* in london,
without whom framework would never have existed. show your support for
/*framework*/, and for *resonance*, now! we can't do it without you...

this edition features great sounds from several recent releases,
fantastic crackling textures from french artist and honcho of the
*universinternational* label, *pali meursault*; berlin-based italian
turntable artist *jd zazie* (free download!); the beautiful vinyl-only
release from the purveyors (and their friends) of the fine u.s.
*invisible birds* label, *ingenting kollektiva*; and another fine
composition (and another free download) from /*framework*/ regular
contributor, *alexander baker*. this began with a /*framework*/
introduction translated into mandarin and recorded by taiwanese artist
*pei*.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated /*framework:afield*/ series. send proposals or
material, released or not, on any format, to the address below. if you
have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
tartu mnt 41
63710 ahja
põlvamaa
estonia

info at frameworkradio.net

*(time  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00 - 03:04  /  pei  /  framework introduction
http://www.little-object.com

01:54 - 24:06  /  pali mersault  /  redoux  /  without the wolves  /
entr'acte
http://www.palimeursault.net, http://www.entracte.co.uk

05:46 - 15:39  /  jd zazie  /  needlepicking  /  needle need  /  audition
http://phonopolis.wordpress.com, www.auditionrecords.com

07:57 - 23:17  /  ingenting kollektiva  / /[side a]/  /  fragments of
night  /  invisible birds
http://invisiblebirds.org

16:30 - 25:56  /  alexander baker  / /[excerpt 1]/  /
concentric_eccentric  /  impulsive habitat
http://solublefisherman.wordpress.com, http://impulsivehabitat.com

25:57 - 34:28  /  joe stevens  /  fireworks on carnival night  /
framework seasonal ::: autumn 2011  /  framework editions
http://www.51degreesnorth.net/joe,
http://www.frameworkradio.net/seasonal/autumn2011

34:29 - 41:02  / pali mersault  /  sans les loups  /  without the
wolves  /  entr'acte
http://www.palimeursault.net, http://www.entracte.co.uk

36:31 - 41:01  / jd zazie  /  all we need  /  needle need  /  audition
http://phonopolis.wordpress.com, www.auditionrecords.com

38:20 - 54:42  / alexander baker  / /[excerpt 2]/  /
concentric_eccentric  /  impulsive habitat
http://solublefisherman.wordpress.com, http://impulsivehabitat.com

39:38 - 56:44  / ingenting kollektiva  / /[side b]/  /  fragments of
night  /  invisible birds
http://invisiblebirds.org

43:38 - 56:27  / pali mersault  /  foehn  /  without the wolves  /
entr'acte
http://www.palimeursault.net, http://www.entracte.co.uk

53:19 - 57:00  / jd zazie  /  labbra  /  needle need  /  audition
http://phonopolis.wordpress.com, www.auditionrecords.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2)    record for /AT LEAST/ one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

*/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!] /*

4)    continue your recording for /AT LEAST/ two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)   post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

thanks!