[microsound-announce] [framework] playlist #364: 2012.02.26

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Feb 27 08:02:32 EST 2012

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
     - sunday, 11pm, london, uk on *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - tuesday, 12:30pm, south devon, uk on *soundartradio 102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)
     - wednesday, 2am, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio*
(http://www.cooradio.com)
     - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 11pm, maribor, si on *radio marš 95.9fm*
(http://www.radiomars.si)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on *wgxc 90.7fm*
(http://www.wgxc.org)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html>~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net *

possible. visit out website to find out how to become a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
25% of all donations go to *resonancefm*, without whom /*framework*/
would not exist.
*
**FOR DONATIONS STARTING AT JUST €18 YOU CAN RECEIVE ONE OF OUR
/FRAMEWORK EDITIONS/ CD RELEASES: THE LATEST ISSUE OF OUR /FRAMEWORK
SEASONAL/ SERIES, OR ONE OR BOTH EDITIONS OF THE /FRAMEWORK250/ 2CD
COMPILATIONS!**
**

*

*#364: 2012.02.26*

this edition of framework:afield has been produced by *alan smithee*.
alan smithee is the head and funder of the /*the field reporter*/, an
online journal intended to publish reviews of works that involve the use
of field recordings (raw or processed)  in their creative process; the
editorial staff includes  daniel crokaert, ennio mazzon, jukka
vakkinen-kannonen, david velez, chris whitehead and james wyness, many
of them writing under pseudonyms.for more information see
http://thefieldreporter.wordpress.com. from the producer's notes:

    /*to record or not to record, to process or not no process, to
    compose or not to compose*/

    patrick mcginley is a key figure in the phonographic work with his
    radio program framework radio that has been running since 2002. he
    kindly invited me representing the field reporter to program a radio
    show and I immediately accepted. when I was a kid I was a big radio
    listener mostly in the late night when they played music without
    intermissions, so now to program a radio show is quite a special
    experience that I am very pleased and thankful to have.

    on this show I put together a series of artists and works with
    different approaches to the action of recording and to the use given
    to those recordings. each one of the fragments and pieces deals with
    unique questions and aspects of importance in the line of work.

    every decision the sound artist makes is essential in the
    understanding of his role as sound artist and in the relevance and
    effectiveness of his work. personally I believe that a sound artist
    is medium between his unique and personal experience (and all the
    questions, reflections and images that arise from that experience)
    and the listener's experience when his questions, reflections and
    images are reflected in his experience with the sound work. the
    artist is a potential medium between the universe he is part and
    aware of and him as part of the universe that is aware of itself
    through him. the articulation of the artist's questions is sound
    when he becomes a proper medium, when he realizes that there is a
    door to a transcendental and meaningful perceptual experience in
    every moment of the listening and sensible experience.

    I hope the listeners enjoy the show as much as I did putting it
    together.

    - alan smithee

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our  guest curated /*framework:afield*/ series. send proposals or
material, released or not, on any format, to the address below. if you
have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
tartu mnt 41
63710 ahja
põlvamaa
estonia

info at frameworkradio.net

*(time  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00-03:26 / signe liden / (fragment) / load / touch

03:26-07:26 / juan josé calarco / (fragment) / aguatierra /unfathomless

07:26-09:58 / rui almeida & nuno miranda ribeiro / (fragment) / glass
over water under light / green field recordings

09:58-11:55 / kinetic / (fragment) / absolute grey / koyuki

11:55-15:28 / hiroki sasajima / (fragment) / bells / ahoraeterno

15:28-17:32 / pleq and marihiko hara / (fragment) in the mirror I stand
all alone / the dawn came behind the fogfrom / twisted tree line

17:32- 20:56 / carlos villena / (fragment) / -split with francisco
lopez- / mantricum

20:56-25:29 / ben owen / (fragment) / tanabe / con-v

25:29-28:59 / terje paulsen, ákos garai / skisse 12 / gruenrekorder

28:59-35:26 / juan josé calarco, pablo reche / (fragment) / drenaje
subterraneo / siridisc

35:26-40:49 / craig vear / (fragment) / esk / 3leaves

40:49-51:16 / michael trommer / (fragment) / outskirts / impulsive habitat

51:16-55:00 / -uncredited artist- / (fragment) / wasp! / touch

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2)    record for /AT LEAST/ one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

*/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!] /*

4)    continue your recording for /AT LEAST/ two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)   post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

thanks!

http://www.frameworkradio.net :: info at frameworkradio.net :: ::
http://www.frameworkradio.net/podcast ::
http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate