[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #402: 2012.12.23

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Dec 24 14:47:08 EST 2012

framework radio
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!

-------------------------

framework broadcasts:
   - sunday, 11pm, london, uk on resonance 104.4fm
       (http://www.resonancefm.com)
   - monday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
       (http://www.radionouspace.net)
   - tuesday, 12:30pm, south devon, uk on soundartradio 102.5fm
       (http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)
   - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on radio zero
       (http://www.radiozero.pt)
   - wednesday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
       (http://www.radionouspace.net)
   - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on radio zero
       (http://www.radiozero.pt)
   - thursday, 11pm, maribor, si on radio marš 95.9fm
       (http://www.radiomars.si)
   - friday, 1am, brussels, be on radio campus 92.1fm
       (http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
   - friday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
       (http://www.radionouspace.net)
   - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on wgxc 90.7fm
       (http://www.wgxc.org)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net

SUPPORT FRAMEWORK!
your contributions make framework possible. sign up as a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
as a thank-you for your donation of €20 or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal cd series, issue #3, a 2.5 hour
audio dvdr by the legendary chris watson!

-------------------------

#402: 2012.12.23

well folks, with this show we're rounding up our year, and we'll be
taking 2 weeks off from new programming for a little holiday break
before coming back with our first new edition of 2013 on january 13th.
2012 has been an eventful year for framework - we had our tenth birthday
in june, quietly aired our 400th (!) show a few weeks ago, began our new
framework:ephemera series, and released 2 new issues of our ongoing
framework:seasonal audio magazine. we also welcomed 2 new stations to
the framework broadcast family, radio marš, in maribor, slovenia at the
beginning of the year, and radio nouspace, in vancouver, usa, who joined
us just recently with our 400th edition.

and of course, in this holiday season, you won't get away without being
reminded that: we couldn't do it without you! we receive no external
funding or support, except from the community of artists who provide the
amazing work that we air, and we rely on support from our listeners to
be able to keep doing what we do! producing a show like framework
consistently for over 10 years in no simple task - please, if you listen
to the show, and if you appreciate our work, show us by donating. you
can sign up to make an automatic monthly donation of as little as 1€ per
month, or you can make a one-time donation of an amount of your choice.
and you don't need to do it only out of the goodness of your heart -
there is material compensation as well! in exchange for your donation
you can pick out one or more of our great series of framework:seasonal
releases, now on it's 3rd issue, the most recent featuring a 2.5 hour
recording by the great chris watson. this is the last time i'm going to
hit you over the head with this, at least for this year. go to the
framework website, show your generous spirit, and give!

so after several months of exploring our new framework:ephemera format,
we returned this week with one last regular edition before our break,
featuring a selection of recent releases that we've been eagerly
awaiting getting on the air to you. we've got a big stack of discs from
the unfathomless label that we're just starting to dig into, including
this one from joda clément, and a beautiful pile of unreleased work from
sebastiane hegarty that we've had for so long they've all now been
slated for release on by the great gruenrekorder label. we've also had
this vinyl-only release of norwegian soundscapes by elin øyen vister
waiting for a long time, as well as this latest release from longtime
framework contributor and supporter emmanuel mieville composed from
field recordings from taiwan, nepal and malaysia. to this we added a
very interesting release on the portuguese crónica label by ephraim
wegner and julia weinmann, a sound and image collaboration featuring a
cd of compositional work and a collection of photographs for which all
sources were taken in the ruins of old hotels.  and finally we had a
healthy dose of self-promotion in the form my my own project murmer's
latest release (which not-entirely-coincidentally shares its name with
this radio broadcast) from the malaysian herbal international label.
this all began with a framework introduction from one or the students at
muhlenberg college in allentown, pa that i had the pleasure to work with
earlier this fall, cynthia fong.

again, we are always looking for new material, whether raw field
recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

have a great end of 2012, and we'll see you next year!

-------------------------

(time / artist / track / album / label)

00:00 - 03:20  /  cynthia fong  /  framework introduction
[no web info]

01:59 - 03:59  /  ephraim wegner & julia weinmann  /  1_1  /  eins bis
sechzehn  /  crónica
http://www.anti-matter-plant.org, http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

02:38 - 07:04  /  elin øyen vister  /  ebb and flow through seaweed  /
soundscape røst - spaces and species vol.1  /  leynar recordings
http://childofklang.wordpress.com, http://www.leynarrecordings.no

03:54 - 14:55  /  joda clément  /  [extract 1]  /  the narrows  /
unfathomless
http://jodaclement.wordpress.com, http://www.unfathomless.net

07:57 - 12:05  /  murmer  /  epilogue [seaside flagpoles]  /  framework
1-4  /  herbal international
http://www.murmerings.com, http://herbalinternational.blogspot.com

09:12 - 15:18  /  sebastiane hegarty  /  hengistbury head  / southerlies
  /  gruenrekorder
http://www.sebastianehegarty.com, http://www.gruenrekorder.de

12:02 - 22:31  /  emmanuel mieville  /  nyorai  /  buddha - anima - asia
  /  observatiore
http://www.myspace.com/emieville, http://abser1.narod2.ru

17:58 - 24:59  /  elin øyen vister  /  midsummer in hernykens eastern
skree  /  soundscape røst - spaces and species vol.1  /  leynar recordings
http://childofklang.wordpress.com, http://www.leynarrecordings.no

23:18 - 31:44  /  ephraim wegner & julia weinmann  /  5_1 5_2 5_3 5_4
5_5  /  eins bis sechzehn  /  crónica
http://www.anti-matter-plant.org, http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

26:12 - 40:41  /  joda clément  /  [extract 2]  /  the narrows  /
unfathomless
http://jodaclement.wordpress.com, http://www.unfathomless.net

26:54 - 39:22  /  framework 3 [swarm]  /  framework 1-4  /  herbal
international
http://www.murmerings.com, http://herbalinternational.blogspot.com

38:36 - 44:41  /  sebastiane hegarty  /  hamble  /  southerlies  /
gruenrekorder
http://www.sebastianehegarty.com, http://www.gruenrekorder.de

42:01 - 47:23  /  elin øyen vister  /  the kittiwakes of kårøya  /
soundscape røst - spaces and species vol.1  /  leynar recordings
http://childofklang.wordpress.com, http://www.leynarrecordings.no

44:02 - 52:12  /  emmanuel mieville  /  peikang matsu  /  buddha - anima
- asia  /  observatiore
http://www.myspace.com/emieville, http://abser1.narod2.ru

46:25 - 48:26  /  ephraim wegner & julia weinmann  /  4_1 4_2 4_3 4_4  /
  eins bis sechzehn  /  crónica
http://www.anti-matter-plant.org, http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

47:31 - 51:41  /  murmer  /  epilogue [irrigation drain]  /  framework
1-4  /  herbal international
http://www.murmerings.com, http://herbalinternational.blogspot.com

48:08 - 54:14  /  sebastiane hegarty  /  watercress line  /  southerlies
  /  gruenrekorder
http://www.sebastianehegarty.com, http://www.gruenrekorder.de

49:34 - 55:29  /  elin øyen vister  /  summer rain in midnightsun  /
soundscape røst - spaces and species vol.1  /  leynar recordings
http://childofklang.wordpress.com, http://www.leynarrecordings.no

51:07 - 53:08  /  ephraim wegner & julia weinmann  /  6_1  /  eins bis
sechzehn  /  crónica
http://www.anti-matter-plant.org, http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

52:22 - 57:00  /  elin øyen vister  /  the birdcliffs of vedøy  /
soundscape røst - spaces and species vol.1  /  leynar recordings
http://childofklang.wordpress.com, http://www.leynarrecordings.no

-------------------------

framework intro submissions:

   1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
   2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
   3)    read aloud the following text (in english or translated):

welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition.  field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!

   4)    continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
   5)    post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
--

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
framework
::   info at frameworkradio.net
::
::   http://www.facebook.com/frameworkradio