[microsound-announce] COMMISSION OPPORTUNITY: four New Audio Art Works at basic.fm

Craig Wilson craig at basic.fm
Mon Dec 17 12:41:59 EST 2012

We are inviting proposals to commission four new audio art works that will
form part of basic.fm’s library collection. *Submission form is at the
bottom of this page.*

basic.fm’s new audio commissions will feature frequently in the programme
between events, broadcast takeovers and regular shows. This growing
collection represents a library of works for broadcast, which to date
includes commissioned work from Mark
Vernon<http://www.basic.fm/www.meagreresource.com>
, Ed Carter <http://modular.org.uk/>, The Noize
Choir<http://noizechoir.tumblr.com/>
 and Sarah Boothroyd <http://sarahboothroyd.com/>. We are seeking to expand
this library with playful, unexpected, exciting and innovative proposals in
response to the principle themes of basic.fm (broadcast art, sound and
independent culture).

*Submission criteria*:

All proposals must be for *new* not existing work.

The proposed work must be 20 minutes or over in duration.

There is a one-off artist fee of £250 for each commissioned piece. We are
commissioning four new works in total to broadcast on basic.fm from
February 2013.

This call is open to all artists, musicians, field recordists and sonic
artists regardless of nationality, age, or career stage.
The deadline for commission proposals is *Friday 18 January 2013 at 5pm
(GMT)*. Applicants will be notified regarding the result of their proposal
via email by Tuesday 22 January 2013.

For more information go to http://www.basic.fm/?page_id=1501

--
Craig J Puranen Wilson
Programme Manager @basic.fm

Tel: +44 7891 324 358

Basic.fm is a Pixel Palace project. Pixel palace is a creative digital
media programme based at the Tyneside Cinema, Newcastle upon Tyne and is
supported using public funding by Arts Council England. It is also
supported by the Northern Rock Foundation.