[microsound-announce] DIY Binaural Microphone and Fireworks Workshop 05/11/11

Ryan Jordan ryan-jordan at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 06:20:33 EDT 2011

please feel free to forward >>>

Info:
 Build your own binaural microphone and adjustable pre-amp,
 and then make an attempt to build our own fireworks display a la Guido Fawkes.
 Binaural microphones attempt to capture a 3-D stereo sound recording for the listener via the use of two microphones.
 After building the binaural mics we will then do some field recordings of the home made fireworks display.

 An ideal workshop for beginners, sound artists, field recorders, and firework enthusiasts.

 Participants take part in the home made firework display at their own risk.

 Date and Location:
 Saturday 5th November 2011
 12midday – 6pm (Binaural microphone and pre-amp construction)
 6pm – late (DIY firework display and field recordings)
 nnnnn, Unit73a, Regent Studios, 8 Andrews Road, Hackney, London. E8 4QN

 Fee and Booking:
 Workshop cost is £25 which covers all materials and participants take home what they make at the end.
 Register by sending an email to ryan at nnnnn.org.uk and pay online here http://nnnnn.org.uk/doku.php?id=diy_binaural_microphone_and_fireworks_workshop